The Dalton Defenders Museum is owned and operated by the non-profit Coffeyville Historical Society.
The museum's main attraction is the Dalton Gang collection, however, it is also filled with displays and artifacts from Coffeyville and the surrounding area. On October 5, 1963, the Dalton Defenders Museum in Coffeyville was opened, dedicated to the memory of the Coffeyville citizens who gave their lives protecting their town.
The museum recently moved to a new and larger building at 814 Walnut- directly across the street from the bank that the Daltons attempted to rob in 1892. The museum now contains not only the Dalton history but rooms dedicated to the industrial past, Native Americans, military history, Walter Johnson and much more.